Anxiety And How You Can Get Help
In Australia, it is estimated that 45 per cent of people will experience some form of mental health condition during their lifetime. It is also estimated that approximately 2,000,000 Australia’s are suffering from anxiety in any given year. The vast majority of people suffering anxiety in Australia are from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Anxiety can be driven by a need for control. Anxiety further develops as we come to realise we can not foresee and control what happens to us and neither can we control what other people say or do.
People experience a physical reaction to anxiety as our bodies go into “fight or flight” mode;
- racing heart,
- shortness of breath,
- constriction around the chest,
- butterflies in the tummy,
- inability to relax or to calm your racing mind,
- difficulties drifting off to sleep etc.
Often these physical symptoms further the anxiety. People become anxious about being anxious and their condition worsens thus has a more damaging impact on their quality of life. The condition gathers momentum and gets bigger.
It is very common that people suffering from anxiety will develop behavioural symptoms in an attempt to cope or escape from their anxiety.
What we do at The Banyans Health and Wellness to get your anxiety into remission
The first step in the treatment of Anxiety is to understand ALL of the underlying contributing causes. Anxiety is never attributed to just one thing so we leave no stone unturned and devote considerable resources to understanding what is likely to be influencing the way you think and feel (emotionally and physically). Drawing on the expertise of our large integrated medical team and, where applicable, working closely with your existing team and or family, we make sure we are as well prepared for your arrival as can be expected.
Prior to arrival, whether you are from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or anywhere else in Australia, or from New Zealand, key members of your team will connect with you (over the phone or face to face depending on your location and preference) to prepare you for arrival and to ensure you feel comfortable and settle in quickly.
On arrival you will be made to feel welcome and secure as you are gently orientated into your personalised program.
During your first week we ease you into your personalised program. Your integrated team will look to establish a baseline that we build on as your program progresses. Being an evidence based program it is crucial you are able to clearly see, track and measure your own improvements. You will be able to see, from start to finish, just how far you have come and what you have been able to achieve.
The Best Anxiety Treatment
Some of the benefits you can expect from of a residential program practicing functional medicine are:
- Enhanced self awareness.
- Personalised nutritional profile so you can see how your unique DNA and biochemical make up is affecting mood and what foods you should avoid.
- Overall improved quality of life. Experience joy more often!
- Increased longevity. You will be more likely to live longer due to reduced stress levels and improved physical health.
- Improved social confidence. You will care less about what other people think.
- Sustainable emotional resilience. Be better equipped to manage stress or pressure.
- Improved sleeping pattern. Wake feeling refreshed and revitalised, and increase daily performance.
- Lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels, resting heart rate, percentage of body fat and improved libido and sexual function.
- You will have a myriad of effective and practical tools and strategies to manage your wellbeing for the rest of your life.
When the residential component of your program is completed, you will be equipped with a written return to life plan. Developed with you, the Clinical Director will ensure that the dimensions of health and wellness are provided a plan and we provide ongoing support.
Family and friends remark on the transformation they notice after a program. You will share your new found insights and confidence knowing you are armed with practical tools and strategies to sustain wellbeing. To ensure your transition back to life is smooth your holistic team will continue to support you in a dedicated manner.