Rehab for Eating Disorders
Find Effective Rehab for Eating Disorders at The Banyans in Brisbane
Anorexia, bulimia, and other eating concerns drive more and more people each year to seek rehab for eating disorders. Eating disorders are mental illnesses, and as such, they require professional and medical assistance to achieve recovery and live a healthier, happier life. The Banyans offers residential treatment for people with eating disorders and other mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, and addiction.
Problems Eating Disorder Rehabilitation Addresses
Eating disorders can be dangerous and even fatal illnesses if left untreated. Fortunately, there are many options when it comes to rehab for anorexia and bulimia, as well as binge eating disorder and OSFED. Through individual therapy and nutritional counselling, seeking help in a residential rehab for bulimia and anorexia can solve numerous problems, including:
- Secrecy. Eating disorders tend to be shrouded in secrecy. In a controlled rehab environment, patients are supervised and receive assistance to break their unhealthy habits. They will be removed from their typical habits and routines such as purging, compulsive weighing, and being secretive about what they eat and instead receive help forming new, healthier thoughts and lifestyles.
- Lack of support. Because eating disorders – like other mental health problems – still aren’t something people feel comfortable talking about, having a safe, non-judgmental setting in which to talk openly about your problems can be very constructive for eating disorder patients.
- Inaccurate information. The Internet is full of information – and not all of it is reliable. Instead of searching online and potentially receiving poor or even dangerous advice, people with eating disorders can enter rehab programs staffed by knowledgeable professionals who can help with the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
Regardless of the type of eating disorder you (or your loved one) have, seeking professional help is a positive step towards real, long-term recovery.
Benefits of Anorexia or Bulimia Rehab
When you are searching for the right bulimia or anorexia rehab, you may be wondering whether or not to choose residential rehab. Residential care has several distinct advantages that are well worth the time you’ll invest in your treatment. A few of these advantages include:
- Help for related issues. An eating disorder is rarely a person’s only health concern. Many eating disorder patients also experience a range of concurrent physical and mental problems such as anxiety, depression, heart problems, kidney failure, and more.
- Help for people who live far from a treatment centre. Eating disorders are found throughout the country, but not everyone has easy access to a program or treatment centre. Residential care allows you to stay at the treatment centre for an extended period and receive the help you need.
- Escape from negative environments. It can be tough to recover from an eating disorder when you live in an environment that contributes to it. If you find that your daily life tends to make your eating disorder worse, from friends and family to work or school stress, a residential program can give you the reprieve you need to get well.
Why You Should Choose The Banyans
The Banyans is a residential rehab facility focusing on a range of issues including eating disorders, anxiety and depression, OCD, bipolar disorder, grief and trauma, and addiction. We have an onsite team of highly qualified multidisciplinary professionals capable of addressing the medical, psychological, and physical components of your disorder. Contact us today for more information.