Youth Rehabilitation Centre
Find a Youth Rehabilitation Centre Today at The Banyans in Brisbane
If your teen is exhibiting signs of drug abuse, a youth friendly rehabilitation centre such as The Banyans may provide the answer. Drug abuse among teenagers remains a persistent problem year after year, often leading to life-altering addictions that require professional treatment. Because teens and young adults may not fully recognise the risks of drug abuse, they are at particular risk for unsafe behaviours. At The Banyans, we can provide professional and personalised treatment programs to help patients get back on track.
Tips Regarding Rehab for Youth
If you are a parent of a teen who requires drug rehab and you’d like to be as helpful as possible, there are some things you can do to help ensure optimal results. Be aware that addiction can have devastating effects on a young person’s life if not treated. That’s why it makes sense to do everything in your power to help them achieve the best outcome. Here are a few ways you can help.
- Educate yourself. Speak with the staff at The Banyans or do your research on youth addiction and rehabilitation for youth so that you stay in the loop and understand what’s going on with your child.
- Ask plenty of questions. Having a teen in rehab can be scary. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about anything that confuses you. Our team is happy to help.
- Be active in your child’s treatment program. Attend any appropriate family therapy sessions, even if it means putting work or other obligations on hold. Make your child’s recovery a priority and be involved at every opportunity.
- Have a discharge plan. Addiction isn’t magically erased after a few weeks of treatment. Rehab is an excellent first step, but a long-term plan is a must. Be clear and work with the treatment centre’s team to be sure that everyone understands and agrees on the plan for discharge.
Benefits of Youth Drug Rehab
When it comes to teen and young adult rehab, early intervention is vital. The longer an addiction goes on, the harder it will be to break. Here are a few of the reasons to enlist help at the first sign of addiction.
- Brain development. Substance abuse before the brain is fully developed increases the odds of future addiction.
- Professional therapy. Many parents believe that all they need is to set stricter boundaries – but teens tend to be a bit more receptive to instruction and advice that comes from adults who aren’t their parents. Enrol them in a drug rehab program instead to help them get the most out of their recovery experience.
- Best odds. The longer a person uses a substance, the harder it is to stop. Give your child the best odds of recovery by intervening as soon as possible.
Why You Should Choose The Banyans
At The Banyans, we take an unusual approach to youth drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Instead of generic group therapy, we provide a one-on-one rehab experience that focuses on each patient individually for the best possible results. Our highly-trained staff understand the complexities of substance addiction and offer compassionate and evidence-based care for our patients regardless of age. If you or someone you know such as your child or a friend is showing signs of drug abuse and needs help, The Banyans is here. Feel free to contact us to learn more.